For talented, dedicated, and serious Musical Theatre students ages 9 – 18, DAMPA Conservatory offers world-class training from some of the most renowned instructors in the area and a wide array of performance opportunities to prepare for a possible professional career.
Students are selected by audition and application based on their professional potential, maturity level, and mental readiness to embark on the rigorous training required to turn passion into a profession.
TRAINING PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS FOR MUSICAL THEATRE
Musical Theatre students must train 10 hours per week.
Acting + Singing
- Musical Theatre with Lynn Ambrose (3 hours per week)
- Musical Theatre Ensemble (1 hour per week)
- Sight Singing (1)
- Privates (1 hour per week)
- Master Classes (2 per semester)
- Broadway Dance for the Stage (1 hour per week)
- Tap (1 hour per week) and/or Heart & Soles Performing Tap Company
- Jazz (1 hour per week)
Plus electives (can be a private lesson) totaling 2 hours per week. All students are strongly encouraged to audition and perform in DAMPA Musicals and stage works.
Off-campus P.E is available.